There are 2 online accounts you need to receive WorkBC Services online
BCeID for Online Employment Services
Login to your Online Employment Services (OES) account using the BCeID you registered for WorkBC Services with at apply.workbc.ca!
- Communicate with WorkBC staff via OES Messaging. Need help? We’re here!
- Request new services, or change existing services you’re receiving.
- Report your successes and achievements!
New to WorkBC?
Looking for help finding employment? Our experts are here to help you! Apply for WorkBC services to get started:
Virtual WorkBC Centre Account
Login to your Virtual WorkBC Account using the account you registered for at workbcvirtual.ethoscmg.com!
- Access our online Workshops, Webinars, and resources.
- Request to meet with our employment experts!
- Utilize our Virtual Resource Room for job search help.
Find your Account
Already receiving WorkBC Services but don’t know the login for your Virtual WorkBC Account?
Access all WorkBC Services virtually online!
Access services and resources anytime, anywhere!
- Career exploration and labour market information
- Job search resources
- Online workshops
- Self-assessment tools
- Tips on independent job search
- Job start financial supports for eligible clients
Services with an Employment Expert
Get hands-on help from our employment experts!
- One to one employment planning
- Access to group workshops or individual sessions
- Short-term orientation and certificate training
- Customized job placement and work experience
- Wage subsidy placements
- Funding supports
Job Search Workshops
Continue your job search journey – anywhere, anytime, at your own pace!
Compelling Cover Letters
Compelling Cover Letters takes you step by step through building your personalised cover letter!
Today our online presence is more important to the hiring process than ever before!
Services are divided into 2 categories
Access employment tools, resources, and training online, anytime anywhere!
Job Search Workshops
Utilize our self-paced online job search workshops anywhere, anytime! Check out the job search workshops on your Virtual WorkBC dashboard!
Can’t make a workshop in-person? Check out the webinar versions of our live workshops from “Workshop Webinars” menu on your Virtual WorkBC dashboard!
Job Search Resources
Looking for tips to help in your job search? Access resume templates, cover letter examples, sample interview questions, calling cards, keyboarding tests, and more! All of this can be found under the “Resources” menu from your Virtual WorkBC dashboard!
Resume and Cover Letter Printing
Need some copies of your Resume, Cover Letters, and other documents to assist in your job search? Email the documents you’d like printed to the Centre nearest you (Duncan or Ladysmith). We’ll print your documents for you and schedule a pickup window with you!
What are your strengths, and in what areas do you need to improve? Answering these questions will give you important insight into what to highlight on your Resume! Check out the “Self-Assessments” menu from your Virtual WorkBC dashboard!
What do you want to do? Where do you want to work? Explore the career options available! More information can be found under the “Resources” menu from your Virtual WorkBC dashboard!
Labour Market Information
What industries are hiring? Which one’s are not? Having the right information about the labour market in your area is key! This information can be found under the “Resources” menu from your Virtual WorkBC dashboard!
Live Online Information Sessions
We run information sessions on hiring events, tips on independent job search, and more! Check our the calendar on your Virtual WorkBC Dashboard for details and directions to register for upcoming information sessions!
With an Employment Expert
Our Employment Experts are ready to help you find work! One-on-one meetings and workshops are just the start.
Meet with our Employment Experts
Connect with our expert Job Developers, Case Managers, and Employment Counsellors online! Request a meeting with the form on your Virtual WorkBC Dashboard!
Live Online Workshops
All our workshops have been moved online with an adjusted schedule! Check our the calendar on your Virtual WorkBC Dashboard for details and directions to register for upcoming workshops!
Including academic upgrading and occupational skills training! Contact your Case Manager to learn more!
Take short-term certificates, like FoodSafe, First Aid, and Serving it Right to help in your job search! Contact your Case Manager to learn more!
We offer customized job placement and work experience placement services if you’re facing significant barriers to employment. Contact your Case Manager to see if you’re eligible!
Thinking of starting a business? Our self-employment experts are here to help you get started! Contact your Case Manager to learn more!
Wage subsidies help companies cover training costs and can help you find the work you’re looking for! Contact your Case Manager to see if you’re eligible!
Struggling in your new job? Trying to navigate a difficult situation at work? Contact your Case Manager – we’re here to help!
Funding supports may be available to help you with dependent care, transportation to job interviews, and the purchase of required equipment and clothing for work. Contact your Case Manager for more information!
Find your Virtual WorkBC Account
You must be registered for WorkBC Services with WorkBC Cowichan before you can have a Virtual WorkBC Account!
If you are not registered for WorkBC Services, follow the directions to apply here!
Check if you Have an Account
- Visit the Forgot your Password page here.
- Enter the email address you used when registering for WorkBC Services (the same email used for your BCeID).
- Click the “Reset my password” button.
Next, follow the appropriate steps below:
You get the black message:
“We have sent you a password reset link to your e-mail. Please check your inbox.”
Looks like you already have a Virtual WorkBC Account! Follow the directions below to reset your password and login to your account!
- Check your email and look for a message with the subject “Reset your password”.
- Open this email and click the “Reset your password” button. A new browser window will open to the Password Reset page.
- Enter a password of your choice in both boxes, then click “Change my Password”. We suggest choosing a strong password to help safeguard you personal information.
- You’ll be redirected back to the home page. Scroll down and login to your Virtual WorkBC Account using your email and the password you just set!
You get the red message:
“We can’t find an account registered with that address or username”
Looks like you don’t have a Virtual WorkBC Account yet! Remember, you must have applied for WorkBC Services with WorkBC Cowichan before you can register!
- Visit the Registration page here.
- Complete all fields of the sign-up form and click “Register”. You’ll need to enter the same BCeID and email address you used when applying for WorkBC Services to validate as a registered client of WorkBC Cowichan Valley.
- Check your email and look for a message with the subject “Welcome to Virtual WorkBC Cowichan – Activate your Account!”. If you don’t see this email within 5 minutes of registering, check your spam/junk.
- Click the “Activate your Account?” button in the email. A new Window or Tab will open and log you in! In the future you can login with your email and the password you set when you registered.